The veg box subscription is weekly or fortnightly with payment the day the delivery is made.
- Every order must include a core veg box item (eg. a small, standard, L or XL veg box).
- The delivery charge is a flat rate of £2 which is included in the cost of the veg box. This pays our drivers the living wage.
- We have a limit of 6 tins per order. This is to ensure our packers and drivers can handle and carry your order safely. Orders containing more than 6 tins or being otherwise very large may be amended or refused, in which case we will notify and apply any relevant refunds.
- We deliver on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, depending on the delivery area.
- We can’t guarantee a delivery time, as this will vary due to the number of deliveries, traffic and weather conditions etc; however as the delivery runs mostly stay the same from week to week, you can expect your delivery around the same time every week.
- It is your responsibility to provide us with delivery instructions, especially if you know you won’t be home when we deliver. Please let us know of somewhere safe and sheltered where we can leave your delivery by the Monday before your delivery.
- If you live in a tenement or block of flats, it is your responsibility to ensure your driver can gain access to the close, or to provide a safe place for the order to be left should they be unable to gain entry. If your driver is unable to gain access and cannot identify a safe place to leave your order, they will try to get in touch with you. If they can’t, the box will be donated to our Good Food Fund charity partners. You will be refunded on the first occasion, but if access issues persist we will not be able to provide a refund for undeliverable boxes.
- We are currently not accepting customer keys, although we are using the ones provided already as usual.
- If you would like us to return a key you have sent to us, please fill out this brief form and we will post it to you as soon as we can. We aren’t able to return keys by any means but post, and always send keys by first-class signed-for post.
- If your veg box is stolen, we’ll replace it or provide a refund on the first occasion that this happens. We won’t be able to replace or refund you for any subsequent stolen boxes, as you’re responsible for providing us with delivery instructions.
- After you’ve filled out the online form, you’ll be directed to a confirmation page with a link to Go Cardless to complete a direct debit mandate.
- We’ll email you with confirmation of your order, first delivery date and payment schedule at least a week before your first delivery.
- We take payment by direct debit through Go Cardless.
- You will need to have a UK bank account.
- We charge for deliveries on the same day that they arrive.
- We’ll send you an invoice when we charge you. Payment will be taken from your account about 3-5 days afterwards.
Pausing your deliveries
- If you’re going on holiday, or need to pause deliveries for a week, the deadlines is 9 am on Monday. You can put this through on our veg box website, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you contact us after this time, we will be unable to cancel your delivery. However, we may be able to arrange to donate your box to the Good Food Fund instead of delivering it. In this case, you will be charged as usual. This allows us to plan ahead for ordering, harvesting and packing, and therefore reduce waste. If you contact us by the deadline, you won’t be charged for the delivery on the cancelled week(s).
Changing your subscription
- You can make changes on our veg box website or by emailing them into us at email@example.com.
- The deadline to either put the change through on the website or to send it in is 9am Monday of the relevant week. You can make changes for future weeks at any time.
- All veg boxes are made up as standard, and the content varies seasonally and week to week.
- If there’s anything you don’t want to receive, let us know and we’ll adjust your veg box accordingly. We can accommodate a maximum of three exclusions for veg, and three for fruit. The list of options is here. Please note that we are not able to accommodate requests to opt-out of items not on the list, or custom opt-outs.
- We can’t guarantee that you’ll get specific items, or make up a custom box as the produce varies seasonally
- Changes to opt-out lists take at least a week to come into effect; this is because we need the information before we order our veg.
If there’s something wrong with your delivery
- When you receive your delivery, check your order is correct, ensuring all items are there.
- Please also check the quality of your order – certain items can turn quickly after our own careful quality control.
- If anything is missing or of poor quality, let us know within 24 hours of receiving the box. Please also attach photo evidence where appropriate.
- Where applicable, we will try our best to redeliver if your driver is still out on delivery. If not, we will remove the item from your invoice.
- After this time, we are generally unable to process refunds.
- If any produce turns bad unexpectedly outwith the 24 hour period, please do get in touch (with a photo), but first please ensure you have stored the item correctly by referring to our storage guidelines.
- You’ll need to give us written notice of your cancellation, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact us at any time to cancel your order, however, if you’re wanting to make a change for the same week, you’ll need to contact us by 9am on Monday.
- Should there be any credit remaining on your account when you cancel, we can either give this to you as credit to use in our shop, transfer the balance directly to your bank account, or donate it to the Good Food Fund.
- We’ll deliver your veg in folding boxes. Please leave the box out for collection the following week, and we’ll replace it with a full one. There will be a replacement charge for lost boxes.
- Mossgiel also need their milk bottles to be returned so please help us reduce waste and costs by leaving those out for collection too.
- The monthly meat boxes are delivered in insulated boxes with ice packs. Please leave these out for collection the following week, as we reuse them.
- We also collect some other packaging: vegware hummus and pesto pots, Ed’s Bees jars, etc. Please refer to the newsletter for the current list of packaging we collect.
- When veg needs additional packing down, we use either paper bags or biodegradable plastic. Sometimes veg arrives from our suppliers in plastic packaging; although we endeavour to avoid this wherever possible, our boxes are not plastic-free.
- We’ll automatically add you to our weekly emailing list for veg box newsletters. Here you’ll find recipe ideas, and information on where your veg has come from. If you’d like to unsubscribe, click the link in the email or let us know.
- If we need to contact you, we’ll do so by email or phone, so please let us know if either change.
What happens if…
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a flat)?
- We’ll try to gain access to the close by buzzing a neighbour, and will leave your delivery outside your flat door.
- If we can’t gain access to the close, we’ll contact you and let you know what will happen.
- If access is a recurring issue, we’ll ask to arrange a safe place.
You’re not home for delivery (and you live in a house)?
- We’ll leave your delivery in the safest place we can, and contact you to say where it is.
- If no safe place is available, we will contact you to let you know what will happen.
We’ve left your delivery outside your door or in a safe place, and it’s been taken?
- In the first instance we’ll refund you for it, and ask for a safe place that you’re happy for us to leave your order.
- If this continues to happen, we won’t be able to refund you for your order as it is your responsibility to ensure we have adequate delivery instructions.
Your order is partially delivered, or not delivered?
- Contact us and we’ll track down your order.
Something you ordered is out of stock?
- We will email you to let you know, and apply a refund via credit note to your account.